Statement of Faith
- All Scripture, the canonical books of the Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God, without error, revealed for the salvation of man, and therefore, the source and guide for faith, doctrine and life.
- God is One and the Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The Lord Jesus Christ is God, the second person of the Trinity. He, though existing from all eternity with God and as God, humbled Himself and was born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life, being both fully human and fully divine. He performed miracles that attested His deity, and died on the cross, shedding His blood as a substitutionary and atoning death for our salvation. He was bodily raised from the dead and physically ascended to the right hand of the Father. He will bodily return to the earth in power and glory to bring judgment to those who have rejected Him, glorification to the saints, and salvation to Israel.
- Adam and Eve were the first humans and were created in the image of God, but were tempted by Satan and fell, thus plunging all mankind into sin and spiritual darkness causing all of humanity to be separated from God. Because of this, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary for salvation.
- The atoning death and resurrection of Jesus Christ provide the only means for justification and salvation for all who believe. Salvation is by grace through faith for those who truly repent of their sins and place their trust fully in Christ. They gladly confess Him as Lord and Savior. Those who are saved have been born again by the power of the Holy Spirit and become true children of God.
- The Lord has commanded us to be baptized in water to demonstrate our new life in Him and to remember His sacrificial death through the Lord's Supper. These practices, however, are not to be regarded as means of salvation.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit are given to individual members of the body of Christ as the Spirit wills. The purpose of the gifts is for the edification of the body of Christ. The presence of gifts is for honoring God by humbly serving His people, and do not prove a superior spirituality or Christian maturity. No true gift of the Spirit today provides any new revelation, nor are there any authoritative apostles or prophets that function in the same capacity as those of the scriptures.
- We believe in the literal fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. We affirm the continued place of national Israel in God's plan. There will be a literal rapture of the church, great tribulation, followed by the bodily return of Christ to bring judgment upon the nations and salvation to Israel. He will then set up a 1,000 year millennial reign in Jerusalem followed by the final judgment.